Happy Motherfuckin’ Holidays
a little late, but here’s a mix for enduring this holiday season.
- Nsync - O Holy Night [A Cappella]
- Kishi Bashi - It’s Christmas But It’s Not White Here In Out Town
- Lydia - Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas
- Rufus Wainwright - Baby, It’s Cold Outside
- HAP - Frosty The Snowman
- Mystery Jets - Melt
- Vampire Weekend - Step
- Michael Kiwanuka - Bones
- Dan Croll - Home
- The Dismemberment Plan - No One’s Saying Nothing
- Mindy Gledhill - Oh No!
- Summer Camp - Last Christmas
- Davis Fetter - I Won’t Let This World Break My Heart
- Sleigh Bells - Rill Rill
- Unknown Mortal Orchestra - Secret Xtians
- Fleet Foxes - White Winter Hymnal (The Twelves Remix)
It’s pretty weird when you can relate to 100% of the characters of a show meant for barely potty-trained kids who, in an unrelated note, receive cooler gifts than you on Christmas Day.
I’m not going to dwell on how I became obsessed with Teen Titans Go!, suddenly prioritizing it over my Breaking Bad marathon, playing all the video games on their Cartoon Network subsite and ending up visiting their character bio and going on a Teen Titans Wiki rampage. Here’s what I gathered:
Robin "slightly power-mad, perfectionist"
Raven "sarcastic, deadpan..who would rather be left alone"
Cyborg “more interested in pizza & video games than in fighting crime”
Starfire "alien struggling to fit in Earth"
Beast Boy “dim…loafer [who likes] eating burritos & watching TV”
I don’t know about you guys, but I’m just gonna have to assume that Aaron Horvath met me in my previous life and was inspired to create a show after realizing how interesting I am. <3
Kidding aside, y’all should give me a break because my Christmas cash haul literally totaled up to 52 pesos as of December 28, 2013, so you have to understand that I’m just trying to make myself feel better. Bye.